The priority section will cover 5 stations on the 17-km stretch including Sahibabad, Ghaziabad, Guldhar, Duhai, and Duhai.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the priority sections of the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS on October 20. Prior to the inauguration of the section, the NCRTC revealed the fares applicable for various routes. Following the flag-off event the rapid rail will begin regular services on the 17-km section from 21 October. It is important to note that the fares for the passengers traveling on the train will vary depending on the Standard and Premium Class services.
Delhi-Meerut RRTS Fare (Standard Class)
- The priority section will cover 5 stations on the 17-km stretch including Sahibabad, Ghaziabad, Guldhar, Duhai, and Duhai.
- The fares for Standard Class on this stretch range between Rs 20 and Rs 50, depending on the journey.
- The maximum fare of Rs 50 is for the journey between the end stations i.e., Sahibabad and Duhai Depot.
Delhi-Meerut RRTS Fare (Premium Class)
- The fare for the passengers travelling in Premium Class will start from Rs 40
- The fare will go up to Rs 100 depending on the number of stations covered during the journey.
- It is to be noted that the first compartment on the rake will be the Premium coaches.
- These coaches will be equipped with cushioned reclining seats, laptop charging ports, magazine holders and multiple other amenities.
Delhi-Meerut RRTS Fare: Guidelines
- Children with a height less than 90 cm will be allowed to travel for free on Rapidx trains.
- The rapid rail system will have multiple ticketing modes including Digital QR code-based Tickets.
- NCRTC will allow the use of the National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) Card.
- Other modes include Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs), and Paper QR code-based journey tickets.
As per the guidelines issued by NCRTC passengers will be permitted to take luggage weighing up to 25 kg, while the dimensions should be 80 cm x 50 cm x 30 cm.